From July 17, 1954 through October 27, 1955, the Conservative Baptist Church met in the labor temple located at 110 North Warren in Helena.
On October 27, 1955, the name of the church was changed to Bible Baptist Church; and incorporation papers were filed with the Secretary of State on April 2, 1957.
Rev. William F. Templin pastored the church from July 17, 1954, until October 8, 1956.
Pastor Leroy Cook came to the church on March 20, 1957; and on May 20, 1957 the church moved to its news home on 6th and Dakota in Helena.
The building located at 6th and Dakota was purchased by Marvin Kalland, a member of the church. The Kallands allowed the congregation to continue to hold services in their home until the new building could be occupied. Marvin designed the church at 830 North Hannaford and the addition later to be constructed in 1977.
The house on 6th and Dakota was remodeled and is now an apartment building.
Bible Baptist Church met at 6th and Dakota from May 20, 1957, to June 1966.
Rev. Cook continued to pastor the church until April 3, 1960.
Rev. Faye Garner was called as Pastor on May 15, 1960, and continued his ministry until January 30, 1963.
Pastor Eugene W. Ferrin answered the call of Pastor on April 3, 1963, and continued to lead the church for several years, including the time during construction of the church at 830 North Hannaford.
On July 2, 1965, land was purchased on the corner of Missoula and Hannaford Street. In October 1965, Bible Baptist Church, began building the church located at 830 North Hannaford. It was an ambitious endeavor for a small church, and almost one year later the building was close enough to being finished that the congregation could then meet at this location. The work of finishing the church continued for some years.
Pastor Ferrin served as Pastor for 8-1/2 years.
In December 1971 , Albert Pearson was called as Pastor, and he filled the pulpit from January 3, 1972 until his retirement on March 26, 1983.
During this time as the need arose for additional space, an activity building was constructed on the north entrance of the church in 1977. This addition was used for AWANA for several years and as a Christian day school until 1981.
Pastor Dick Crosby served as pastor from August 1, 1983 – September 2016.
As the need for additional space grew, remodeling of the basement was done to make bigger classrooms. The addition originally constructed as an activity building in 1977 was remodeled into separate rooms which are used as meeting rooms and offices for the pastors and administrative staff.
On September 14, 1985, 3 lots west of the church were purchased, and construction of a large addition was completed in 1988. This addition was originally be used as a new activity building; however, it is our worship center.
Another change for the church occurred on December 11, 1988. The name was changed from Bible Baptist Church to Hannaford Street Baptist Church. In 1998 our name was changed to Hannaford Street Bible Church.
Pastor John Fenlason served at Hannaford for over 25 years in the capacity of Associate Pastor. Pastor John accepted the position of Sr. Pastor in September 2016.