Saul, King of Israel
Take time this week to reflect on these thoughts.
- What do we learn about the character of Hannah in I Samuel 1?
- The Israelites were focused on fitting in with the nations around them. This caused them to want a king. In wanting a king, they were rejecting God. In what areas of your life do you struggle with pressure to be like those people around you no matter the effects?
- Saul attempted to excuse his disobedience when not following God’s directions in battle (I Samuel 15). In what ways does that happen in our world today?
- Why did God allow the Israelites to have their way even though it went against Him?
- I Samuel 16:7 says that “man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart”. What can we learn from that verse?
March 26, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 12, 2018
March 5, 2018
February 26, 2018
February 19, 2018
February 12, 2018
February 5, 2018
January 29, 2018